Tech giant Google just unveiled the company’s latest flagship smartphones, namely the Pixel 2 and the Pixel 2 XL at the “Made by Google” event which was held in San Francisco. Both of the new smartphones are quite identical in terms of hardware and features, but there are some key differences that might affect your purchase decision altogether. There has been a lot of confusion surrounding the new Pixel smartphones, as Google didn’t really put the effort in clearly differentiating between these devices during the event. So here is the Google Pixel 2 FAQ: Everything You Need to Know.
- Google Pixel 2 FAQ: Everything You Need to Know
- 1. How much does the Pixel 2 cost?
- 2. What are the available storage options?
- 3. When can I buy the Google Pixel 2?
- 4. What are the available color options?
- 5. Can I buy the factory unlocked version of the Google Pixel 2?
- Google Pixel 2 FAQ: Design and Build
- 1. What is the Google Pixel 2 made of?
- 2. Is the Google Pixel 2 waterproof?
- 3. Is the Pixel 2 thinner?
- Google Pixel 2 FAQ: Cameras
- 1. Has the camera on the Pixel 2 improved?
- 2. Does the Pixel 2 have a dual-camera setup?
- 3. Does the Pixel 2 camera have OIS?
Google Pixel 2 FAQ: Everything You Need to Know
1. How much does the Pixel 2 cost?
The new Google Pixel 2 can be purchased from the Google store for a price tag starting at $649 for the factory unlocked version. It can also be purchased for $27.04/month for 24 months with 0% APR, thanks to Google Store Financing.
2. What are the available storage options?
The Pixel 2 will be available for purchase in 64 GB and 128 GB storage variants. However, the 128 GB variant costs a hundred dollars more than the base variant ($749).
3. When can I buy the Google Pixel 2?
The Google Pixel 2 is currently available for preorder on the Google online store, but it will start shipping on October 19th in the US, UK, Canada, Australia, and Germany. If you’re living in India, you won’t be able to get your hands on Google’s latest flagship until November.
4. What are the available color options?
The new Google Pixel 2 will be available in three different color options, namely “Just Black”, “Clearly White”, and “Kinda Blue”.
5. Can I buy the factory unlocked version of the Google Pixel 2?
Yes, you can go ahead and purchase the factory unlocked or sim-free version of Google’s newest flagship smartphone.
Google Pixel 2 FAQ: Design and Build
1. What is the Google Pixel 2 made of?
Google’s new flagship has an all-aluminium body with a premium hybrid coating that gives the smartphone a clean and sleek profile. The glass accent on the top that gives the Pixel smartphones an iconic look has been shrunken down and looks great.
2. Is the Google Pixel 2 waterproof?
The new Google pixel 2 has an IP67 rating, which essentially means that the smartphone is dust and water resistant up to a depth of 1 meter for 30 minutes. However, it’s not completely waterproof. Instead, you can consider it to be water-resistant.
3. Is the Pixel 2 thinner?
Yes, the Google Pixel 2 is just 7.8 mm thick, which makes it 0.7 mm thinner than the original Pixel.
Google Pixel 2 FAQ: Cameras
1. Has the camera on the Pixel 2 improved?
The camera department has received a significant upgrade. Although there’s no bump in the resolution of the camera, the 12.3 MP sensor now has an aperture of f/1.8. Google claims that the Pixel 2 has the best smartphone camera ever and it has been given a score of 98 by DxOMark. To put things in perspective, the latest Apple iPhone 8 Plus and Samsung Galaxy Note 8 were given a score of 94.
2. Does the Pixel 2 have a dual-camera setup?
No, the Pixel 2 does not have a dual-camera setup like the one on the iPhone 8 Plus and Galaxy Note 8.
3. Does the Pixel 2 camera have OIS?
Yes, unlike the predecessor which completely relied on Electronic Image Stabilization for smoothing the video footage, the Google Pixel 2’s camera supports Optical Image Stabilization that will work in tandem with EIS to deliver super-stabilized videos.
Also, read: Top 5 Best Indian Dating Apps for Finding Love
Finally, we hope friends you all enjoyed all the above ” Google Pixel 2 FAQ: Everything You Need to Know ” if you really enjoyed our list then don’t forget to appreciate our efforts in comments below.