Most of us install a ton of apps on our Android smartphones and you must have noticed that unlike iOS, the apps icons on Android aren’t very uniform. Some apps have a circular icon, some have a round icon, and some feature a squircle icon, which makes up for a very uneven look in the app drawer and the home screen. While things are supposed to be changed, with Android O bringing adaptive icons, most of us won’t be getting the Android O update soon. So here is the How to Change App Icons on Android
How to Change App Icons on Android
Change App Icons Using Third-Party Launchers
If you are using the custom launcher that came with your phone, you might not have the option to change the icon pack. However, most third-party launchers can give you the option to apply whatever icon pack you may like.
For demonstration, I’ll change the icon pack on my device using one of the most popular launchers – Nova Launcher. The ability to change the icon pack is available in the free version of Nova Launcher. So, after you have installed the Nova Launcher on your phone and set it as your default launcher, follow the steps to change the icons:
1. Download any icon pack that you may like. On my phone, I have downloaded the Pixel Icon Pack. After you have downloaded an icon pack, go to Nova Settings –> Look & feel –> Icon theme.
2. In the list that pops up, you should see the icon pack that you have installed. Tap on it to apply it. Now when you go to your phone’s home screen or the app drawer, you will see the new icon pack all throughout your phone.
3. If you’d like to change the icons of a few particular apps, Nova Launcher lets you do that as well. Here’s how to do it. Drag an app to the home screen to create its shortcut. Here, long press on the icon to see the shortcut’s menu and tap on “Edit”.
4. From the Edit Shortcut pop-up, tap on the app icon to change it. From this screen, you can choose an image from any of the icon packs installed or even choose an image from your gallery.
5. You will now have a custom icon set for this app’s shortcut on the home screen. Note that this does not change the icon in the app drawer. It is only the shortcut that gets altered.
Also, read: Media.Net Review Ad Network By Yahoo!
Finally, we hope friends you all enjoyed all the above ” How to Change App Icons on Android ” if you really enjoyed our list then don’t forget to appreciate our efforts in comments below.