Most of us use our Android devices to listen to music on-the-go. While some prefer to have an offline collection of music, some prefer streaming music, and there are some that love to play music on YouTube. If you are someone who has a music playlist on YouTube, you’d know that you cannot stream the music in the background with the screen off unless you have the So here is the How to Play YouTube Videos When Screen Off.
How to Play YouTube Videos When Screen Off
If you’re one of those users that regularly use YouTube to stream music, but are tired of having your screen on all the time, then this app is for you. Thanks to XDA Developer cygery, we now have an app called Screen Backlight Off. With the help of this app, you can turn off your screen whilst easily listening to the music of your choice. Read on, as we tell you how to listen to YouTube videos with screen off on Android:
1. To start things up, you need to allow your device to install third-party apps. To do so, simply go to your Android Settings and head over to the “Security” option. Once there, make sure the option of “Unknown Sources” is checked.
2. Next up, you need to install the Screen Backlight OFF app via its APK file which can be found here. Download the file to your device and install it like any normal APK.
3. The next step is to open the app and grant it root access. Additionally, if you’re using it on a device which has Android version 6.0+, you would also be required to grant it overlay permissions.
4. That’s it. Your app is now installed. You should now be getting a notification in your notification panel, which looks like the one below. This persistent notification works as a toggle to turn your screen off whenever you require it. You can configure the app to suit according to your style as well, such as change the Activation Delay, etc.
How to Use Screen Backlight Off
1. Open the YouTube app and play any music video that you wish to listen to. Swipe down from the notification panel to reveal the Screen Backlight OFF toggle and simply tap on the toggle.
2. That’s it. It’ll take a moment till the screen completes shuts off the backlight. Momentarily, you will get to see the entire screen off but the navigation bar still showing, as shown in the image below. Don’t worry, it’s completely normal behavior.
Also, read: Top 5 Best Free Music Player for Mac
Finally, we hope friends you all enjoyed all the above ” How to Play YouTube Videos When Screen Off ” if you really enjoyed our list then don’t forget to appreciate our efforts in comments below.